American Corner Pristina provides an extensive collection on U.S., a wide range of electronic databases and free Internet access for research. Our collection includes English language teaching materials, bestseller novels, business and government publications, reference materials, magazines, as well as many fiction and non-fiction films and videos about the United States and the American culture. The Corner provides regular programming activities, focused on English language learning, lectures, film showings, conversation clubs, debates, webinars, gaming and more.
The mission of American Corner Pristina is to build and strengthen relationships between the U.S. and Kosovo, showcase American culture and values, promote English language learning, encourage study in the United States, and foster goodwill and mutual understanding.
American Corner Pristina is committed to providing all citizens free access to information. It provides authoritative information about the United States and connects American and Kosovo citizens, and build bridges of mutual respect and understanding. It aims to achieve the following goals:
- We will maintain and promote a current collection of English Language books and do weekly programs related to English Language learning, such as conversation clubs, book discussion groups, current debates and game days.
- We will maintain a current EducationUSA collection and conduct EduationUSA programs in cooperation with the American Advising Center and local other partners.
- We will seek to identify local alumni and involve them in Corner activities. In addition, we aim to foster the relationship with alumni organizations that are active in Kosovo.
- We will promote cultural information and exchange through promoting our collection and conduct programs related to American culture.
- We will promote and facilitate exchange of information about the U.S. through materials, programs, and promotional brochures.
- We will promote American values and culture through U.S. holiday celebrations and marked events.
- We will support and provide advising to Kosovo youth and students who are interested to study in the U.S.
- We aim to build bridges of co-operation with organizations which promote the inclusion of the youth in the decision-making process.
- We aim to build bridges of co-operation with public and private institutions of education in order to involve students and young people in the Corner’s activities.
- We aim to promote the use of English language through co-operations with private and public language institutions.
- We will liaise with institutions and organizations which work for the promotion of rights and freedoms of minority and marginalized groups of the society.
- We will continue to offer programs which support the goals of the U.S. Embassy in Kosovo