American English Live: Teacher Development Series 9.6
Start Time: December 03, 2020 14:00
End Time: December 03, 2020 15:00
Venue: Virtually through Zoom
Age level: 19-27
Juli Sarris has almost 20 years of TESOL experience and has worked with students from more than 40 countries. She currently teaches both in-service and pre-service teachers through schools of education in several universities in Colorado. She frequently presents at TESOL International Association conventions and with her local affiliate organization, CoTESOL.
Juli holds a PhD in Education and an MA in Linguistics/TESOL from the University of Colorado-Boulder. She also holds an MBA from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill and a BA in Sociology from the University of Virginia.
Discussion moderator: Florjeta Hulaj - AE webinar attendee
American English Live: Teacher Development Series 9 will commence on September 24, 2020. Join us for a series of six Facebook professional development sessions for English language students/teachers around the world. Topics of this series will include: Collaborative Learning in the English Language Classroom, Cultivating Meaningful Discussion Using Critical Thinking Skills, and Corrective Feedback in the English Language Classroom.
After viewing the entire presentation you will be eligible to receive a digital badge at the end of each session. Furthermore, participants who attend 4 out of the 6 sessions (who watch the webinar and actively participate in virtual discussions) will receive e-certificates from our local U.S. Embassy.
Virtual discussions will take place every other Thursday at 2 PM (and will last one hour) on Zoom. Email reminders with links of supporting materials will be sent to registered participants prior to the sessions.
Below find the series 9 dates & topics:
- Thursday, September 24, 2020: Random or Intentional? Putting Learners in Groups that Work
- Thursday, October 8, 2020: Dynamic Ways to Increase Student-to-Student Interaction
- Thursday, October 22, 2020: Discussion Strategies for Meaningful, Effective Conversation Practice
- Thursday, November 5, 2020: Amplifying Voice and Choice in the EFL Classroom
- Thursday, November 19, 2020: Superpowering Your Lecture: Activities to Engage Learners and Gather Feedback
- Thursday, December 3, 2020: Strategic Corrective Feedback in the EFL Classroom
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Registration link: https://forms.gle/mFZqFPzSmdvr5SNC8
Partner organization: American English