American Corner Pristina continuously welcomes volunteers to help with Corner’s activities and daily work. We usually advertise an open call for new volunteers; however, you are free to send an inquiry to us to see if there is any position available at: email@example.com.
Who can volunteer?
American Corner Pristina welcomes volunteers from people of all areas and backgrounds. However, they have to abide to the Corner’s rules and regulations, and they have to contribute to the Corner’s goals and mission.
There are many benefits the volunteers, the Corner and Community have from volunteer work.
Volunteer benefits include:
- Get the Corner’s membership card by default
- Get access to electronic databases, including eLibraryUSA
- Receive a certificate of volunteerism
- Receive a letter of recommendation if you volunteer 10 or more hours
- Use of Corner’s resources, such as photocopying, printing
- Build organizational skills
- Acquire new technical and administrative skills
- Gain project development and implementation skills
- Gain self-confidence using English
- Be active in the community and meet new people
American Corner benefits include:
- Expand the services of the Corner
- Improve the level and quality of interaction between the Corner and its patrons
- Add expertise to the Corner
- Improve the quality of activities at the Corner
- Contribute to enhancing the use of English in the community
The Community benefits include:
- Create positive image of the Corner in the community
- Bring local ideas to Corner’s events and activities
- Possibility to use a comfortable space for activities and presentations
- Introduction to American history through books and other materials
What are volunteers doing?
Our volunteers are involved in doing various jobs, including: take lead in organizing events; helping out in organizing events; help in planning; specific programming, storytelling to children, teaching English, book discussion clubs, music programs, movie sessions; organize special events, such as book fairs; designing brochures, newsletters, decorating the corner; answering phones; maintaining IT, cleaning computers, checking for viruses, checking eReaders (kindles, iPads) for unauthorized content or software; outreach to schools, universities, etc.