American English Live: Teacher Development Series 9.1
Start Time: September 24, 2020 14:00
End Time: September 24, 2020 15:00
Venue: Virtually through Zoom
Age level: 19-22
Kim Carroll is the owner and director of English for Life Academy in South Carolina in the US, which offers TESOL certificate, intercultural coaching, and customized English courses for organizations. She recently served as a U.S. Department of State English Language Fellow in Paraguay (2019-2020), and is currently an adjunct professor at two universities. Kim has worked in the US, Paraguay, Canada, Nicaragua, Mexico, Ecuador, and South Korea.
Kim has a BA in Environmental Studies/Anthropology, an M.Ed in Divergent Learning for adult language learners, and is a certified professional coach and intercultural trainer. She holds a certificate in English Teacher Education, and an advanced TEFL Certificate.
Fitore Misini - ACP staff member
American English Live: Teacher Development Series 9 will commence on September 24, 2020. Join us for a series of six Facebook professional development sessions for English language students/teachers around the world. Topics of this series will include: Collaborative Learning in the English Language Classroom, Cultivating Meaningful Discussion Using Critical Thinking Skills, and Corrective Feedback in the English Language Classroom.
After viewing the entire presentation you will be eligible to receive a digital badge at the end of each session. Furthermore, participants who attend 4 out of the 6 sessions (who watch the webinar and actively participate in virtual discussions) will receive e-certificates from our local U.S. Embassy.
Virtual discussions will take place every other Thursday at 2 PM (and will last one hour) on Zoom. Email reminders with links of supporting materials will be sent to registered participants prior to the sessions.
Below find the series 9 dates & topics:
- Thursday, September 24, 2020: Random or Intentional? Putting Learners in Groups that Work
- Thursday, October 8, 2020: Dynamic Ways to Increase Student-to-Student Interaction
- Thursday, October 22, 2020: Discussion Strategies for Meaningful, Effective Conversation Practice
- Thursday, November 5, 2020: Amplifying Voice and Choice in the EFL Classroom
- Thursday, November 19, 2020: Superpowering Your Lecture: Activities to Engage Learners and Gather Feedback
- Thursday, December 3, 2020: Strategic Corrective Feedback in the EFL Classroom
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Registration link: https://forms.gle/mFZqFPzSmdvr5SNC8
Partner organization: American English