American English Live: Teacher Development Series 8.1
Start Time: May 07, 2020 14:00
End Time: May 07, 2020 15:00
Venue: Virtually through Zoom
Age level: 19-35
Neil J Anderson is a Professor of English Language Teaching at Brigham Young University–Hawaii. He has been an engaged English language teaching professional for 40 years. He has focused the majority of his teaching career to improving classroom reading instruction, especially building reading fluency. Neil served as President of TESOL International Association from 2001-2002. He was a Fulbright Teaching and Research Fellow in Costa Rica and in Guatemala. Neil has worked with EFL teachers in over 50 countries. Working with teachers and learners brings him great professional satisfaction.
Fitore Misini - ACP staff
American English Live: Teacher Development Series 8 will commence on May 7, 2020. Join us for a series of six Facebook professional development sessions for English language students/teachers around the world. Topics of this series will include: Teaching Reading, Fun and Varied Approaches for Common Grammar Topics, and Pair and Group Work to Encourage Student-to-Student Interaction.
After viewing the entire presentation you will be eligible to receive a digital badge at the end of each session. Furthermore, participants who attend 4 out of the 6 sessions will receive e-certificates from our local U.S. Embassy.
Each session will take place at 2 PM (and will last one hour and a half) every other Thursday at American Corner Pristina/online meetings via Zoom. Email reminders with links of supporting materials will be sent to registered participants prior to the sessions.
Below find the series 8 dates & topics:
1. Thursday, May 7, 2020: Promoting Reading Fluency with the ACTIVE Framework
2. Thursday, May 21, 2020: Before, During, and After Reading: Strategies to Promote Literacy and Language Learning
3. Thursday, June 4, 2020: Bringing Grammar to Life with Experiential Learning
4. Thursday, June 18, 2020: No-Prep Communicative Grammar Practice
5. Thursday, July 2, 2020: Adaptable Speaking Activities for Pairs and Groups
6. Thursday, July 16, 2020: Classmates as Language Learning Allies: Activities to Encourage Student-to-Student Interaction
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Partner organization: American English